Discovery is designed for adults struggling with substance abuse and living with major mental illness.
Developed as a bridge from hospitalization or a measure to prevent it, Discovery provides daily structure in a supportive environment where clients are active in the development of their treatment plans. The Discovery team includes social workers, mental health counselors, art and expressive therapists, peer support specialists, and a consulting psychiatrist dedicated to helping clients identify and overcome barriers to recovery. Choosing full- or half-day programs, clients work on relationship building and communication during group activities that focus on emotional regulation, behavioral and cognitive therapy, health, fitness, and routine skills that are important to successful independent living.
Clients can choose from therapeutic groups including:
- Art Therapy / Expressive Therapy
- Parenting Skills
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Creating Structure
- Peer Support, led by our Peer Specialist
- TED Talk Group
- Afternoon Programming Monday – Wednesday 3-4pm: open art group, yoga class, recreation room, computer lab
- Contact the Program Director at 617-769-7202.
- Complete the Discovery Referral Form and register the client.
- Intakes are usually scheduled within 5-7 days of referral.
- Discovery does not offer transportation but PT-1 requests can be done at intake for eligible clients.
- Mass Health Products: Medicaid, Standard, Essential, MBHP, Basic, NHP, OneCare, etc.
- BMC, Beacon
- Network Health
Located at: 12 Hancock Court, Quincy
Download our Discovery Day Treatment Brochure